Fathers We Need
Fathers We Need By Pastor Steve Kelly
Luke 11:13 (NIV)
If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”
Four Fathers in the Bible we Don’t Want to Be/Don’t Need:
1. We don’t need absent fathers.
2. We don’t need fathers, who like Eli, would not train and discipline their children.
3. We don’t need fathers who practice stealing, deception, and dishonesty as Achan did.
4. We don’t need fathers who pitch their tent towards sodom.
3 Qualities of a Godly Father:
1. A Priest
2. A Prophet
1 Timothy 3:5 (NKJV)
For if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?
3. A KING
Here’s my version of what a good dad looks like today:
1. A good dad is fun to be around.
2. A good dad has a community conscience.
Mark 12:41-44 (NIV)
41 Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42 But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents. 43 Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 44 They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.”
James 1:27 (NKJV)
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
3. A good dad is committed to and examples a healthy lifestyle.
If you’ve made a decision click the link below to get a copy of Pastor Steve’s book “The Christian Walk”
I’ve Made a Decision