The Story of Noah
The Story of Noah by Pastor Sharon Kelly
Genesis 1:31 (NLT)
Then God looked over all he had made, and he saw that it was very good! And evening passed and morning came, marking the sixth day.
Genesis 6:5-6 (NLT)
The LORD observed the extent of human wickedness on the earth, and he saw that everything they thought or imagined was consistently and totally evil. So the LORD was sorry he had ever made them and put them on the earth. It broke his heart.
Genesis 6:8-9 (NLT)
But Noah found favor with the LORD. This is the account of Noah and his family. Noah was a righteous man, the only blameless person living on earth at the time, and he walked in close fellowship with God.
Genesis 6:14 (ESV)
Make yourself an ark of gopher wood. Make rooms in the ark, and cover it inside and out with pitch.
Kaphar- atonement, to make right a wrong, the reconciliation of God and humankind through Jesus.
Genesis 6:22 (NLT)
So Noah did everything exactly as God had commanded him.
The story of Noah teaches me:
1. I need to walk in close fellowship with God.
2. That in a chaotic culture we can find favor with God.
3. God speaks to his people.
4. We’ll never go wrong when we listen and obey God.
5. We can survive the rejection of people but we cannot survive the rejection of God.
6. My faith affects generations.
7. When God closed a door you are safe.
8. God always keeps his promises.
Hebrews 11:7 (NLT)
It was by faith that Noah built a large boat to save his family from the flood. He obeyed God, who warned him about things that had never happened before. By his faith, Noah condemned the rest of the world, and he received the righteousness that comes by faith.
If you’ve made a decision click the link below to get a copy of Pastor Steve’s book “The Christian Walk”
I’ve Made a Decision