Blog by Sarah Hummel
The powerful influence that women have has struck me recently. Sometimes women are so caught up in their insecurities that they fail to see the strength they carry. Throughout history and in biblical times, when God planned to do something significant on this Earth, quite often He used a woman to get the job done. I think of Mary being called to mother the Son of God, I think of the woman at the well-chosen to be the influence in her whole town, and I think of Esther saving her entire race. These are just a few examples off the top of my head. In these modern times, when I see a woman walking in her destiny, pursing God with all her heart, using her influence to build others up – I see a strength that cannot be matched. How much potential is in each one of us? If every woman fully maxed out the purpose within her – what could we accomplish together?
It can be overwhelming, right? I mean, I don’t have it all together. I don’t know everything there is to know. How can I walk confidently as a positive influence? Beautiful girl, what I have found repeatedly, is that God is faithful. His word says that when we seek, we will find. When we ask, it will be given to us. God has called you to be light in your world; he has called you to bring peace to a situation, above all, to lead others into relationship with Him. He will equip you to do it!
1. Spend time with God. Ask Him for wisdom and favor to accomplish these things, and ask him to give you opportunities to carry out His will.
2. Remind yourself who you are in Christ. He gave you life and gave you influence. When you feel insecure – speak the truth out loud.
3. Surround yourself with healthy women who celebrate each other – get in a connect group, and show up to the meetings!
4. Be planted in God’s house.
5. Use your powerful influence for good.
Matthew 7:7 – 8(NIV)
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.