A Harmonious Sisterhood
Miracles happen when women come together harmoniously to cooperate with the plans and strategies that God has purposed for us to walk out to accomplish His will and purpose.
‘Fill up and complete my joy by living in harmony and being of the same mind and one in purpose, having the same love, being in full accord and of one harmonious mind and intention.’ Phil 2:2 (AMP)
There’s a gorgeous story in Exodus 1 & 2 of a group of women who God used to work together to bring about the plan and purpose of God to help raise up a great leader that God would uniquely position to lead His people out of captivity into freedom. Moses became one of Israel’s greatest and most revered leaders but there were several occasions in his life where he would have been killed if it had not been for the courage, wisdom, and initiative of a several women who surrounded him:
* The brave and God-fearing midwives, Shiprah and Puah who refused to kill him at birth as Pharaoh demanded
* His mother, Jochabed who loved her infant son and sought to protect him by hiding him for 3 months and then courageously crafted a little waterproof basket, put him in it and placed it in the precarious waters of the Nile River as she trusted God with his life
* The Egyptian princess, Pharaoh’s daughter who heard the cry of a baby boy and followed her heart to raise him as her own – defying the orders of her father though it could have cost her own life.
* His protective sister, Miriam who stepped in the plan of God and became a part of the solution for her baby brother’s life.
As women we are innately born with a sense to rescue the cry of humanity. Like a mother who hears the cry of her baby and attends to its needs, let’s listen in with intention to what God would have us do together to bring hope and solution to this world is desperate need of Jesus and His beautiful Church.
‘Again I tell you, if two of you on earth agree (harmonize together, make a symphony together) about whatever [anything and everything they may ask, it will come to pass and be done for them by My Father in heaven.’ Matthew 18:19 (Amplified Bible)
What does HARMONY look like amongst us?
* We complement each other, bringing out the best in each other. We don’t compete or compare with each other.
* We are consistent – reliable, constant, unswerving and dependable.
* We bring balance to each other as we coordinate our joint efforts – we don’t sabotage through interference and insecurity.
* We are synchronized – as a movement, in time and in step with the Holy Spirit.
* And when all the light that we hold comes together – we shine gloriously together for God’s glory!
“If there ever comes a time when the women of the world come together purely and simply for the benefit of mankind, it will be a force such as the world has never known.” Matthew Arnold