Decades of Waiting and Anguish
Decades of Waiting and Anguish by Pastor Steve Kelly
1 Samuel 16:13 (NIV)
So Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the presence of his brothers, and from that day on the Spirit of the Lord came powerfully upon David. Samuel then went to Ramah.
Five reasons why God teaches us to wait:
1. Waiting reveals our real motives.
2. Waiting builds patience in our lives.
3. Waiting builds anticipation.
Proverbs 20:21 (NIV)
An inheritance claimed too soon will not be blessed at the end.
4. Waiting develops character.
5. Waiting builds dependency and intimacy with God.
Lessons from David:
1. Keep doing what you are skilled at and let God so the promoting.
Psalm 75:6-7 (KJV)
For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another.
Where you are right now is where God wants you.
2. While waiting, choose your enemies wisely.
1 Samuel 20:13 (NIV)
But if my father intends to harm you, may the Lord deal with Jonathan, be it ever so severely, if I do not let you know and send you away in peace. May the Lord be with you as he has been with my father.
If you’ve made a decision click the link below to get a copy of Pastor Steve’s book “The Christian Walk”
I’ve Made a Decision